Born & Raised: Dallas, Texas
First Teacher: Father, a modernist architect
High School: Arts Magnet / Booker T. Washington H.S. for the Performing and Visual Arts
- B.F.A. Art
- B.A. Art History
Key Teachers: Bill Komodore, Barnaby Fitzgerald, Philip Van Keuren, Steve Wilder, Larry Scholder, and Cynthia Lin.
- Plein air landscape painting in Taos, NM
- Study abroad in Paris 1 year (Louvre, Orangerie, Marmottan, Musee d'Orsay etc.)
- Travels to Schaffhausen, Switzerland; Kona Coast of Hawaii; Umbria, Italy; Shanghai & Beijing, China; Various Cities in Mexico, Chile, Argentina, and Canada.
- Art on Childhood Walls: Giotto, Fra Angelico, Masaccio, Chagall, Matisse
- Rembrandt's ‘Flayed Beef’, Corot, Chardin, Velasquez, Modigliani and Soutine
Current: 20+ years living in the San Francisco Bay Area depicting the varied landscapes and unique light and volume of the area's fog-filled atmosphere . I have shown work in various venues and exhibitions around San Francisco, Oakland, & Emeryville CA, Dallas TX, Colorado Springs CO, Taos NM, etc.
Approach: I prefer direct observation when painting. I generally paint outdoors, surrounded by my subjects, or in my home studio located in the Oakland hills. I paint landscapes, cityscapes, still lives, and portraits as well as esoteric images from dreams.
Find my work online at www.peterodum.com. I also accept commissions for paintings and mural work. Contact me for details.